Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gator

There is something inside me
Like a gator maybe
It wants out


Its snout and jaws are
Climbing up my brainstem and
Cramped in my skull
(lined up so one eye can only see
out of half my socket)
Its hard sharp teeth
Jaws clamped vice chomping on
My language center
My visual cortex
Wanting me to sense its scales
To cry gator tears
To bleed its reptile infection


Catching in my throat
Catching
The creature swallows inside
My swallow
Out of sync
Throat in a throat


it is probably a yellow monster


The scaly stomach is deflated
To fit in mine
It is so hungry
I can eat and eat
But the gator starves
It's yellow anger
Rumbles through my limbs
Makes me pace the creature's
dissatisfaction


The hulk limbs
and mine compete
to run, jump
peddle up a mountain
The tail must be
curled around my organs
or doubling up in my backside
There is no room for that tail
or place to swing and slap
curve through water
the part that is a snake,
No room to hiss


This monster yellow of a
healing bruise
of jaundice, fever


i'm relieved now that i'm aware
That I know about the gator
that
i must only be
looking for a swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment